Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form/Options tag

Hi all,

I am using the options tag to generate a list of options so a user can select one via a select element. The problem I am having is the itemValue attribute is not being set. I set it to "id" which is an Integer corresponding to the row in the database. My itemLabel is "name" and is properly being set. When I list all the items, and specifically list the id's, I get the name of the war file. It appears my variables are screwed up somewhere. If I simply do ${list} and output that to the screen, all the items and their ids show up as expected. It is just when I do ${item.id} that I get the war file name. That is impossible or at least show never occur since the id is restricted to an Integer so it must be being re-written somewhere.

Has anyone come across this problem? I am using Expression Language in the JSP and Spring MVC.

Walter

Please post some code so we can help.

Comment

Hi,

Actually, the problem is from maven-war-plugin. I am using it to filter my JSPs which have ${page.login}, ${page.logout}, ... links. All of these links may be easily changed and allow me to change them without having to fiddle everywhere. The downside that I am seeing is that any item which matches that pattern may be overwritten. I cannot explain why the spring tag was being overwritten, but for example these are as well.

I am using display tag in some pages and have a list of users. Now, I am listing some properties say ${users.name}. Since this item has a . in it, it appears to be matched by the war plugin and is replaced with the name of project. I only want to enabled strict matching and anything that does not match will not be modified. Is this possible?

The maven war plugin is here:
      http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/

Thanks,
      Walter
      Last edited by walterw; Sep 8th, 2008, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X