Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring 2.5 @MVC sample app

Hi,

Is there a simple/sample app that shows how to use spring MVC annotations?
    Say some controllers, models, configuration; hsqldb, eclipse, maven, jetty/tomcat.
    I don't want a walkthrough, just a simple sample app. I can't find one in the 30 first results on google, yahoo, ...

Thanks

Those are shipped with spring. Download the distribution and take a look at the samples.

Comment

I must say that I am quite disappointed by those spring sample apps.
      They are not ready to use and they seem targeted to people already having good knowledge in the JEE/Spring stuff.

There are no dependency management: am I supposed to find and download all the jars manually? Why not at least giving a pom.xml?

The ant scripts fail:
      spring-framework-2.5.5\samples\petclinic\db\${spring.root}\lib not found.

The view files are not "namespaced": why put all the views in the same directory? There should be "jsp/pet/", "jsp/owner/",... directories.

jplab

Comment

I suggest checking your setup. Works fine for me.

There are no dependency management: am I supposed to find and download all the jars manually? Why not at least giving a pom.xml?
        All the dependencies are in the lib directory in which you extraced your spring zip file. Run the build file and you should get a WAR file that is ready for deployment.

Also regarding the namespaced, that is an opinion. Next to that they are just sample applications. Also I don't agree on your way of namespacing, it should be on an usecase base not on an object base.

Comment

They are not ready to use and they seem targeted to people already having good knowledge in the JEE/Spring stuff.
          have you read the documentation?, try first there, would be hard but try it

Code:
          The ant scripts fail:
          spring-framework-2.5.5\samples\petclinic\db\${spring.root}\lib not found.
          ckeck the value for the bold part

you are running the examples in which OS?

Comment

Working...
          X