X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drools (JBoss Rules) with Spring MVC/Web Flow

I am beginning work on a help desk type web application where the user will be asked questions, then based on their answers move to another question and then finally be given a response from the system. I have been thinking about using a business rules management system (BRMS) like drools (JBoss Rules) to handle the requirements. I have some simple examples working in my app were I execute a rule, change some data, and print to the standard out. Now I want to be able to have the user answer a yes/no question then based on their answer be sent to another page to answer another yes/no question etc...

I am trying to determine if a BRMS like Drools is the sort of technology I should be using. I am looking for examples/best practices of BRMS that are heavily view based that use Drools with Spring based view technology (MVC/Web Flow). Any suggestions on this manner would be helpful.

Spring 2.5.5
    Spring Modules 0.9 (using jsr94)
    Spring Web Flow 1.0
    Drools 4.0.7
    Hibernate 3.2.6

Thanks,

Keith

Call Center application with Drools

I am also interested if anyone in the Spring community has done a Call Center application with Drools.

Comment

I think you want a Business Process Management (BPM) system, rather than a BRM.

Comment

Business Process Management (BPM) and Spring

Any suggestions for Business Process Management (BPM) systems that would integrate with Spring? Also do you know of any resources or examples that would be helpful?

Thanks,

Keith

Comment

Spring Modules has support for jBPM.

Other BPM vendors, such as Aqualogic BPM, have a pretty easy to use web service API that you should be able to use with Spring Remoting or Spring-WS

Comment

Working...
          X