Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing views problem

Hello all.
    I have this problem: I want to use the Freemarker template engine with Tiles. I tried different scenarios but just couldn't make it. They both use different view resolvers and views, and somehow have to mixed them.
    Any ideas how to make this work?

Regards, Angel Gruev

Are you saying you'd like to use FreeMarker-based Tiles or do you just want to mix Tiles (backed by JSPs) in some pages and FreeMarker views in other pages.

If you want the former, I'm afraid that's impossible with the current support for Tiles in Spring.

The latter is also not possible since multiple view resolvers are only supported if you are using a view resolver that is capable is detecting a missing view (in case it returns NULL and let's the DispatcherServlet fallback to a different ViewResolver). Both the InternalResourceViewResolver as well as the FreeMarkerViewResolver are not capable to detect missing views so they both need to be last in the chain!

Could you elaborate more on what you want, maybe there are other options...

rgds,
    Alef

Comment

Has something changed in three years?
      I have exactly the same question - are there any capabilitites to mix Tiles2 and Freemarker in current version of Spring?

Comment

Working...
      X