Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
openSessionInViewInterceptor - Error migrating to spring 2.5.5 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• openSessionInViewInterceptor - Error migrating to spring 2.5.5

Hi,
    I was using spring 2.1 and had configured the openSessionInViewInterceptor.
    When trying to migrate to spring 2.5.5, and activating the relevant url, I get

org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: could not initialize proxy - the owning Session was closed
    at org.hibernate.proxy.AbstractLazyInitializer.initia lize(AbstractLazyInitializer.java:60)
    at org.hibernate.proxy.AbstractLazyInitializer.getImp lementation(AbstractLazyInitializer.java:111)
    at org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.javassist.JavassistLazyIn itializer.invoke(JavassistLazyInitializer.java:166 )

(which was the exception before configuring openSessionInViewInterceptor, and was solved on spring 2.1).
    was there any change in the interceptor mentioned above? any ideas on why this is happening and how to solve it?

my configuration:

<bean id="urlMapping" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.Sim pleUrlHandlerMapping">
    <property name="alwaysUseFullPath" value="true" />
    <property name="interceptors">
    <list>
    <ref bean="openSessionInViewInterceptor"/>
    </list>
    </property>
    <property name="mappings">
    <props>
    <prop key="/providers/*/modules/*/content">getContent</prop>
    </props>
    </property>
    </bean>

<bean name="openSessionInViewInterceptor" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support. OpenSessionInViewInterceptor">
    <property name="sessionFactory">
    <ref bean="hibernateSessionFactory"/>
    </property>
    </bean>

And the exception:
    org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: could not initialize proxy - the owning Session was closed
    at org.hibernate.proxy.AbstractLazyInitializer.initia lize(AbstractLazyInitializer.java:60)
    at org.hibernate.proxy.AbstractLazyInitializer.getImp lementation(AbstractLazyInitializer.java:111)
    at org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.javassist.JavassistLazyIn itializer.invoke(JavassistLazyInitializer.java:166 )

Thanks!
    Last edited by TalN; Jul 16th, 2008, 04:06 AM.

Hi TalN,

In case you still have this problem.

I migrated recently some controller to annotation based.

This is what I have done in the applicationContext configuration file:

Code:
     <!-- management of annotation based components -->
       <context:component-scan base-package="com.mySite.web" />
       <bean class="org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.DefaultAnnotationHandlerMapping">
          <property name="interceptors">
             <list>
                <ref bean="openSessionViewInterceptor" />
             </list>
          </property>
       </bean>
    And the bean openSessionViewInterceptor is defined as:

Code:

<bean name="openSessionViewInterceptor" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewInterceptor">
          <property name="sessionFactory" ref="sessionFactory" />
       </bean>

Comment

Working...
    X