X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JasperDemo Problem

I am a Spring newbie so I have been working through the latest spring code and sample applications.

I successfully compiled and deployed the jasperdemo application but when I try any of the report output options from the main web page I get the following error:

+++++++++++++++++++++++
    SEVERE: Context initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: Error registering bean with name 'subReport' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/jrtest-servlet.xml]: Class that bean class [org.springframework.web.servlet.view.jasperreports .JasperReportsPdfView] depends on not found; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/env/INameEnvironment
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/env/INameEnvironment
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:140)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.jasperreports .AbstractJasperReportsView.<clinit>(AbstractJasper ReportsView.java:147)
    +++++++++++++

Can anyone give me an idea on why this may be occurring ?

Kind Regards
    Tony

Tony,

I need to make a small modification to the build script to include the JDT compiler jars. In the meantime you can do this by adding the JARs to your classpath manually.

I'll make the change today.

Rob

Comment

Thanks for the quick reponse Rob,

I added the jdt-compiler.jar file to the class path and now I am getting the following error when trying to run the "pre compiled report file"

+++++++++++++++++++
      org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextExce ption: Could not parse JasperReports report for URL [/WEB-INF/reports/simpleReport.jasper]; nested exception is net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error loading object from InputStream
      java.io.InvalidClassException: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBaseReport; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 603, local class serialVersionUID = 606
      at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(ObjectStrea mClass.java:459)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectI nputStream.java:1521)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInpu tStream.java:1435)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectI nputStream.java:1521)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInpu tStream.java:1435)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Objec tInputStream.java:1626)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputS tream.java:1274)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputSt ream.java:324)
      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRLoader.loadObje ct(JRLoader.java:190)
      at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.jasperreports .AbstractJasperReportsView.loadReport(AbstractJasp erReportsView.java:504)
      ++++++++

I hope you can help again

Kind Regards
      Tony

Comment

This means that the pre-compiled report in the test was compiled against version 0.6.3 of JasperReports and you are using 0.6.6. Simply recompile the simpleReport.jrxml file into simpleReport.jasper using version 0.6.6 of JasperReports.

I'm going to update the sample application today so if you struggle you'll be able to download a fix by the end of the day.

Rob

Comment

Dear tony,,, can u help me to find jdt-compiler.jar file, from where to download pls.

Hi , this is mohandas , we are in to creating applications with Jasper reports, I have downloaded all files ,,but i am getting serious error like:
          net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error compiling report java source files : C:\Documents and Settings\crescent4\workspace\newreport\Unnamed_117 4541004013_673701.java

As u said to set the classpath to jdt-compiler.jar file,, i need to find from where i ll get it , pl help me ...

Comment

Working...
          X