Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Webflow Preview2 Error

All,

I am getting the following error while deploying the examples.
    Please could you help me

Regards,
    Tabish.A.Shaikh

2005-04-12 19:05:57,025 ERROR [org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet] - <Context initialization failed>
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: Line 8 in XML document from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/itemList-servlet.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "value" must be declared for element type "property".

2005-04-12 18:43:43,056 ERROR [org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet] - <Context initialization failed>
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: Line 21 in XML document from class path resource [org/springframework/samples/phonebook/deploy/web-layer.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "ref" must be declared for element type "property".
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "ref" must be declared for element type "property".

Are you running under Spring 1.2 RC1?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Double check, methinks you still have a reference to a 1.1.x jar in your classpath. The error is indicating the "value" and "ref" attributes are not supported as part of the "property" element. This is a 1.2 specific feature.

Comment

Thanks,

Its working now.
          Was refrencing an 1.1.4 spring jar file.

Thanks a lot for your timely response.

I have another query.. How do we gracefully handel the session exipry within the webflow.

I got the "org.springframework.web.flow.NoSuchFlowExecutionE xception" when the session expired. A more desirable effect would be to take the end user to the start of the flow.

Comment

The webflow system itself does not handle that, but SpringMVC can help you: i.e. implement a HandlerExceptionResolver for the SessionRequiredException or NoSuchFlowExecutionException that restarts the flow.

Erwin

Comment

Working...
            X