X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reusing code

Hi all, I've been working in a spring mvc project which has an admin and a client interface. Both offer different but related functionality. Thus we have made two spring projects. But as we see, domain, repository and services can be re used in both admin and client. It would be great if anyone of you can give some suggestions of how you have/would over come similar situations

In a similar situation we have extracted the common functionality into its own project. I would recommend you to creat separate projects for domain, repository and services and than let the spring projects use those jars.

If you are using maven, this would become evidently simple.

Comment

Originally posted by gnandiga View Post
      In a similar situation we have extracted the common functionality into its own project. I would recommend you to creat separate projects for domain, repository and services and than let the spring projects use those jars.

I Totally agree this. With Maven2 JAR dependencies it's really easy to manage. If you're new to Maven, study the SNAPSHOT feature of Maven.

Comment

Originally posted by gnandiga View Post

Thanks gnandiga! Based on your recommendation we extracted source from client and admin to a separate project. We are using ant and for the moment we are happy with it. I haven't tried maven but I will soon.

Comment

Working...
        X