Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deploying petportal in BEA weblogic

Hi, guys,
    I am trying to understand how to develop a portal application using spring MVC portlet framework, I downloaded the Spring framework, it has a "petPortal" example included in it, and it's the requirement of my client to develop my application with BEA weblogic. But I have a problem doing this.
    I run the build.bat and warfile.bat file, it works, and I imported the petportal.war file to the BEA workshop studio, which is basically an IDE similar to the Eclipse. It reports errors, so I added portlet.jar and any jar I can imagine in the application build path. It compiles finally, but when I try to run the whole project, I got an 404 error.
    And it's kinda strange that after importing the war file, I didn't get the index.jsp.......
    Does anybody know how to deploy this petPortal example to weblogic server? This has beening torturing me for couple days. Thank you in advanced.
    Logan

It's important to understand the portlet applications do not deploy into just a servlet container. The must be deployed into a portlet container and there must be a portal layer to provide the main user interface. Take a look at this FAQ entry for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by johnalewis View Post
      It's important to understand the portlet applications do not deploy into just a servlet container. The must be deployed into a portlet container and there must be a portal layer to provide the main user interface. Take a look at FAQ entry for more information.

Thank you very much for your reply, I did try some of the tools provided by BEA itself, like:
      http: //dev2dev.bea.com /pub/a/2004/09/deployJava81sp3.html (i can't post URL, please remove the space in the URL)
      I used it with WebLogic 8.1 sp3 (exactly as what the article says)

after fixing a series of errors, I came to one of those that I can't overcome,

D:\temp>ant Dwar.file=petportal
      Buildfile: build.xml

BUILD FAILED
      D:\temp\build.xml:2: taskdef class com.bea.task.PreparePortlets cannot be found

Total time: 0 seconds

I set the classpath as the env.bat instructed, instead of running it directly(because running it disables Ant)

I am running out of time, and doesn't seem to find a clue, torturing......

Comment

Well, your issue is clearly a BEA problem of some kind seeing as Ant cant kind a class that it needs for its task definition. I suggest you review your Ant configuration and see if you can get some help from BEA support or in their discussion forums.

Comment

yeah, I know it's not a spring problem, I am posting this just to see whether others are encountering the same issue. Thank you anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X