Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebFlow: error in sample Phonebook 'The event id is required

Hi,

I've tried to deploy the Phonebook (current CVS revision) sample application into Tomcat 5.0.28 with 'ant tomcat.server.start'. Everything works fine until I access the application. I get the following exeption:

Code:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The event id is required
    	org.springframework.util.Assert.hasText(Assert.java:140)
    	org.springframework.web.flow.SimpleEvent.setId(SimpleEvent.java:127)
    	org.springframework.web.flow.execution.servlet.HttpServletRequestEvent.<init>&#40;HttpServletRequestEvent.java&#58;87&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.flow.execution.servlet.HttpServletRequestEvent.<init>&#40;HttpServletRequestEvent.java&#58;55&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.flow.execution.servlet.HttpServletFlowExecutionManager.createEvent&#40;HttpServletFlowExecutionManager.java&#58;113&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.flow.execution.servlet.HttpServletFlowExecutionManager.handle&#40;HttpServletFlowExecutionManager.java&#58;88&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.flow.mvc.FlowController.handleRequestInternal&#40;FlowController.java&#58;116&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest&#40;AbstractController.java&#58;128&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle&#40;SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java&#58;44&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch&#40;DispatcherServlet.java&#58;675&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService&#40;DispatcherServlet.java&#58;623&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.serviceWrapper&#40;FrameworkServlet.java&#58;384&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet&#40;FrameworkServlet.java&#58;344&#41;
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service&#40;HttpServlet.java&#58;689&#41;
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service&#40;HttpServlet.java&#58;802&#41;
    Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Daniel

This was an unfortunate bug that I introduced yesterday. :oops:
    Keith fixed it yesterday evening.

I checked and the anonymous CVS is already up to date, so if you pull in the latest & greatest code the problem should disappear.

Erwin

Comment

Working...
    X