Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get current session in POJO?

Hi all,

I just started using spring and feel things are so implicit. I am wondering how to get the current session. For example,

<bean id="a" class="my.domain.ClassA">
    <bean id="b" class="my.domain.ClassB">
    </bean>
    </bean>

How can I get the current session within either a or b?

thanks,

Do class A or class B extend any of the Spring MVC classes? If so, which ones? If not, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? You may need to rethink your class structure.

Comment

You asked a very good question.

I am tasked to re-organizing the code into the spring framework. The code was written to POJO + dwr. I know DWR can allow you to access the session in any object created by dwr.

Code:
         HttpSession session = uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.WebContextFactory.get().getSession(false);
         session.setAttribute("B", this);
         session.setAttribute("A", a);
      Neither A or B implements any servlet or extra dwr classes.

I think I may understand Spring in a different/wrong way.

Comment

You shouldn't try to read HttpSessions from within your domain pojo's. In fact, they should remain unaware of their context in general.

Take a look at the petclinic sample application that comes with the spring distribution. It can give you a fairly good idea about how to organize your code.

Originally posted by liangchen76 View Post
        You asked a very good question.

I am tasked to re-organizing the code into the spring framework. The code was written to POJO + dwr. I know DWR can allow you to access the session in any object created by dwr.

Code:
           HttpSession session = uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.WebContextFactory.get().getSession(false);
           session.setAttribute("B", this);
           session.setAttribute("A", a);
        Neither A or B implements any servlet or extra dwr classes.

I think I may understand Spring in a different/wrong way.

Comment

Thanks for suggestion. I will think about them.

If anyone cares to know, I found out your can still get the current session with WebContextFactory as usual. The only difference is that those beans needs to be marked for a spring creator in dwr.xml .

Comment

Working...
          X