Hello,

I have the following code in a controller:

Code:
            @RequestMapping
    	public void list(@ModelAttribute ModelMap model,
    			@ModelAttribute SearchBean searchBean) {

//use the model arround here
    	}
    In 2.5.1 the model argument (@ModelAttribute ModelMap model) was the model map of the request.

In 2.5.2 the model argument (@ModelAttribute ModelMap model) is treated like an attribute called modelMap inside the model map of the request

To have the same behavior than the one in 2.5.1 I just need to remove the @ModelAttribute from the ModelMap, something like this:

Code:
            @RequestMapping
    	public void list(ModelMap model,
    			@ModelAttribute SearchBean searchBean) {

//use the model arround here
    	}
    but... Does anyone knows why was this change made? was that a 2.5.1 bug fixed in 2.5.2?

Hi spulido99,

Although I have not checked the Spring Jira to confirm if this was a bug fixed in 2.5.2, the way @ModelAttribute is implemented in 2.5.2 is correct.

If you have a look at the api docs for @ModelAttribute, you will see that it is meant for binding to the request. Also, have a look at @RequestMapping, you will notice that ModelMap is autowired into the handler method for use, thus @ModelAttribute will give you an entirely different expected behavior.

Josh

Comment

I agree with Josh - the way it is working now seems correct. The specially-handled data types like ModelMap don't need to be annotated with anything when they are request handler method parameters.

Comment

Working...
      X