X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• case sensitive request parameters

I hope there's a simple answer out there! I have some legacy systems I'm integrating with, and they pass a request parameter 'Name' for example, as opposed to 'name'. The problem is that the binding to the command bean fails. The command bean has a 'getName()/setName()' bean pair, but BeanWrapperImpl has a cache with 'name', but not 'Name'. Since request parameters are case sensitive, how do I make Spring or the bean wrappers handle this?

Thanks

BTW, the error also comes from the spring input tag.. that ultimately calls the BeanWrapper as well.

Comment

Hi,

Can you post the source code? So that its easy for us which is need to be debug?

Thanks,

Comment

Certainly!

Here's the snippet of jsp:

<spring:form method="POST" commandName="userInfo">

<spring:input path="Name"/>

The command bean (UserInfo) has getName() and setName() methods. When the input tag renders, however..

Code:
        org.springframework.beans.NotReadablePropertyException: Invalid property 'Name' of bean class [com.xxx.web.examples.user.UserInfo]: Bean property 'Name' is not readable or has an invalid getter method: Does the return type of the getter match the parameter type of the setter?
        	at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:534)
        	at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:526)
        	at org.springframework.validation.AbstractPropertyBindingResult.getActualFieldValue(AbstractPropertyBindingResult.java:77)
        	at org.springframework.validation.AbstractBindingResult.getFieldValue(AbstractBindingResult.java:337)
        	at org.springframework.web.servlet.support.BindStatus.<init>(BindStatus.java:117)
        	at org.springframework.web.servlet.tags.form.AbstractDataBoundFormElementTag.getBindStatus(AbstractDataBoundFormElementTag.java:179)
        	at org.springframework.web.servlet.tags.form.AbstractHtmlElementTag.resolveCssClass(AbstractHtmlElementTag.java:404)
        	at org.springframework.web.servlet.tags.form.AbstractHtmlElementTag.writeDefaultAttributes(AbstractHtmlElementTag.java:380)
        	at org.springframework.web.servlet.tags.form.AbstractHtmlInputElementTag.writeDefaultAttributes(AbstractHtmlInputElementTag.java:177)
        	at org.springframework.web.servlet.tags.form.InputTag.writeTagContent(InputTag.java:139)
        	at org.springframework.web.servlet.tags.form.AbstractFormTag.doStartTagInternal(AbstractFormTag.java:93)
        	at org.springframework.web.servlet.tags.RequestContextAwareTag.doStartTag(RequestContextAwareTag.java:77)

Comment

Sorry, I am missing something here. You say:
          I have some legacy systems I'm integrating with
          And yet you are talking about handling this type of property with both a form and server-side code. How/where does the legacy system fit in?

Comment

legacy system

Originally posted by pmularien View Post
            Sorry, I am missing something here. You say:

And yet you are talking about handling this type of property with both a form and server-side code. How/where does the legacy system fit in?
            The legacy system is generating the URL.. otherwise I'd just have them lowercase the request parameter!

Comment

onBind()

Also.. btw, I know I can override the onBind() in the controller to handle this manually. I was just wondering whether there was some easy way to keep using the reflection based approach but handle these parameters that start with a capital letter.

Comment

I have an enhancement request in for this: http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SPR-4517

Comment

If you go the onBind() route I'd love to see the code. I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Comment

Anyone solved this type of problem yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X