X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring 2.5 terracotta support

Are there plans to add support for terracotta in 2.5 (or 2.5.1) version? At the moment they don't support v2.5. But if U add it, I think it would help a lot of people.

I am curious too...

What's the timeframe on this?

Comment

Any progress on this? The Terracotta site just suggests posting a message here. Presumably, you would say this is a Terracotta issue :>)

If there is no progress, maybe someone could give me an idea what the problem is. This is blocking us from using Terracotta, so we might be able to allocate some resources to helping.

It doesn't bode well for Spring 3.0, either, though. Are we going to have the same problem again?

Comment

2.5 coming

I hear that Spring 2.5 support in Terracotta is coming in August.

I also think the problem will arise in Spring 3.0. Terracotta and Springsource are going to figure it out together...

Comment

Originally posted by ikarzali View Post
          I hear that Spring 2.5 support in Terracotta is coming in August.

I also think the problem will arise in Spring 3.0. Terracotta and Springsource are going to figure it out together...
          Well, as the CTO of Terracotta, I suppose you ought to know Nice anagram, by the way

Comment

thanks

:P

The anagram is a tiny IQ test.

The release, you are correct, I know about.

--Ari

Comment

I hope it will be soon to support Terracotta for Spring 2.5.x or later version.

Comment

Spring 2.5 Support is out

Terracotta 2.7 supports Spring 2.5. Sorry I cannot post an url - apparently I haven't posted in Spring Forums enough to be l33t ;-)

Go to terracotta.org and click on download.

The stable0 release of 2.7 is the first milestone. You should be able to download and try out Spring 2.5 support using this release.

Let us know how it goes.

Taylor Gautier
                Product Manager, Terracotta

Comment

Hello

it seems that you all has experience with terracotta

maybe your experience can help me in these threads

http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=58179
                  and
                  http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=58176

regards

Comment

hi dr_pompeii,

Considering I am a co-author of the Terracotta book, I think it would be wrong to give my opinion.

I don't think you'll get any answers comparing the two books, however, because only the Terracotta book is available now. It doesn't look like the Gigaspaces book is due to ship for another 6 months.

Comment

Hi tgautier

thanks for the reply

Considering I am a co-author of the Terracotta book, I think it would be wrong to give my opinion.
                      co-author, good , ok,
                      but tell me, which is the exactly difference between them?
                      when use one and the other?
                      little confuse here

i see the TOC of the terracotta book,
                      i see a dedicated chapter for Spring and hibernate
                      why Spring without Hibernate?,
                      i am asking this
                      because i see
                      this
                      A Sample: Spring Beans Without a Database. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 178

just really wondered why avoid a huge important topic related
                      with Spring/ORM tool (like Hibernate)

normally many developers work with Spring and Hibernate together
                      i dont have the book, but i consider important how use Terracotta
                      with Spring/Hibernate together

i would ask to about terracotta with SWF

the book seems very interesting, dont take my questions how offensive

regards

Comment

You can use Spring, Hibernate, or Spring + Hibernate with Terracotta - there are just separate chapters for each in the book for clarity. Actually, Terracotta is a JVM clustering product, so you can use a lot of different frameworks with it - lots of people that use Spring also use Quartz with Spring with Terracotta for example.

Hope that helps.

Comment

You can use Spring, Hibernate, or Spring + Hibernate with Terracotta - there are just separate chapters for each in the book for clarity.
                          thanks for the explanation, , in these days i will try terracotta

regards

Comment

Working...
                          X