Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• string to Date in form

Hi all,

Can anyone help me in this issue.
    I have a form, which i need to bind to a member of DO class which is a java.util.Date type( String-->java.util.Date)

any clue/code snippet will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
    Kamal

in initBinder, register a CustomDateEditor (with a SimpleDateFormat and the required format). In the JSP use <spring:bind path="PROPERTY"> and ${status.value} (or <c:out value="${status.value}, depening on whether or not you're using a 2.3 or 2.4 servlet container). This should do the trick.

regards,
    Alef Arendsen

Comment

Thanks very much Alef.

Your message has really helped me. i used the following code:

protected void initBinder(HttpServletRequest request, ServletRequestDataBinder binder) {
      SimpleDateFormat dateFormat = new SimpleDateFormat("dd-MM-yyyy");
      dateFormat.setLenient(false);
      binder.registerCustomEditor(Date.class, new CustomDateEditor(dateFormat, false));
      }

I found that, the date format is restricted to(dd-MM-yyyy). Is there any other way to allow (dd-MM-yyyy) or (dd/MM/yyyy) or (dd-MM-yy)......using a single function.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
      Kamal

Comment

Not with the CustomDateEditor, but if you look at the code for the CustomDateEditor, you should be able to write your own without too much effort. You could have it take in a set of acceptable formats then then rewrite the getAsText() and setAsText() methods to check against each format. You'd also have to pick a default format when going from Date to String as well.

Keller

Comment

Working...
        X