Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you upgrade spring.jar, you have to upgrade all the JARs - including spring-mock.jar and spring-sandbox.jar. You'll have to check Spring out from CVS to build the sandbox JAR.

HTH,

Matt

Comment

Thanks matt for your quick response. It sounds like a "big" project now. I'll do it some time later. Thanks for the "SpringLive" book. I have been enjoying reading it.

Comment

You can download the 1.1.3 spring-sandbox.jar from Equinox:

https://equinox.dev.java.net/unbrand...x.jar?rev=HEAD

Comment

I downloaded and installed it. Any idea why it complains that the org.springframework.validation.commons.BeanValidat or does not support the command class specified in the formcontroller. I do not remember the command class needs to implement/extend some interface/classes. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Is this the suggested way to do form validation w/ Spring

Is this the suggested way to do form validation w/ Spring?
            I am looking for a best practice.

I also noticed a alternative:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/conf.../Forms+Support

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by yufeng
              I downloaded and installed it. Any idea why it complains that the org.springframework.validation.commons.BeanValidat or does not support the command class specified in the formcontroller. I do not remember the command class needs to implement/extend some interface/classes. Thanks in advance.
              Yufeng,

Did you ever get a solution for your probelm about it not supporting a command class? I have one simple JavaBean class where I get this error and not others. The JavaBean is very simple and don't know why Validator is complaining about this specific one.

Comment

I had the same problem.
                Here is the solution; I really don't understand why.
                For example, your command class is "user",
                In validation.xml, I change form name from "user" to "User",
                then run the test, failed!
                Then change form name from "User" to "user",
                run the test, passed!

Test in tomcat, ok!

I really appreciate if you can find out why.
                Problem with compilation?

Originally posted by jivesociety
                Originally posted by yufeng
                Yufeng,

Did you ever get a solution for your probelm about it not supporting a command class? I have one simple JavaBean class where I get this error and not others. The JavaBean is very simple and don't know why Validator is complaining about this specific one.

Comment

I took a look at the sandbox and found that although it is said optional, if you specify property: useFullyQualifiedBeanName for the bean validator and in the validation.xml, specify your fully qualified command name as the form name. It will work. My guess is: the validatorfactory or something similar will look at your formcontroller configuration to see the command bean (it may not look at the command name). and then go to the validation.xml to look up some form named as that bean. From this regard, it makes sense and reasonable.

yufeng

Comment

Working...
                  X