Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie looking for spring example with hibernate

Hi,

I'm planning to implement an web application with spring, hibernate and jpa annotations, but it should be easily installed on an apache tomcat, which is not under my control.
    Does anybody have a small and simple example application, so I can give it to my admin for a test-installation?
    It must not fullfill all of the above parts, spring and hibernate would be sufficient.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english,
    pete

There is tons of stuff out there...have you googled or searched in this forum?

Comment

You could also start with the examples that ship with Spring.

Comment

Or you could have a look at AppFuse (https://appfuse.dev.java.net/) which provides examples of applications.

Comment

Okay, I'll take a look at that, thanks.

Most of the posts I've found where about problems to get an application running, I even have none.

What I am looking for is a simple WAR-File, so I can show the admin, there will be no work or problems for him.

AutoDeployment is enabled in Tomcat, so I only need to put the complete Project as a WAR into the webapps-directory.

There are two more problems:
          - Maven doesn't seem to be installed, only Ant.
          - I should not use any Java-Scripting or similar, because most of the users block it.

Can someone point me to a simple example, maybe a CRUD for a small table
          or a step-by-step how to turn the spring-examples into a war?

Please help me, otherwise I will be damned to work with php.

Comment

Originally posted by pete007 View Post
            What I am looking for is a simple WAR-File, so I can show the admin, there will be no work or problems for him.
            You should also be sure that there wont be too many problems for you ;-)

There are two more problems:
            - Maven doesn't seem to be installed, only Ant.
            - I should not use any Java-Scripting or similar, because most of the users block it.
            Maven doesnt need to be installed on the server. You can use Ant (or any build system) with Spring. But most sample applications will use Maven

Can someone point me to a simple example, maybe a CRUD for a small table
            or a step-by-step how to turn the spring-examples into a war?
            A couple of links you could follow :
            Please help me, otherwise I will be damned to work with php.
            Maybe you should be sure that you understand Spring enough before you try to put a project in production. If you have problems getting a sample application to work, getting a real one in a real production environment is probably not a very smart move.

Comment

Working...
            X