X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to pass errors back to a view -numpty question

I have a fileUpload view which is all working fine. However, if I attempt to upload a file that exceeds the maxfilesizelimit I get an exception which I can trap with a HandlerExceptionResolver, I'm ok with that. However, where I'm stuck is how do I pass control back to the fileUpload view with the appropriate error message.?

eg in my ExceptionResolver I have..

public ModelAndView resolveException(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response, Object handler, Exception ex) {
    if(ex instanceof MaxUploadSizeExceededException){
    return new ModelAndView("fileUpload");
    }

return null;
    }

This just gives me ..
    2005-02-11 16:02:28,736 ERROR [org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet] - <Could not complete request>
    javax.servlet.ServletException: Neither Errors instance nor plain target object for bean name fileRequest available as request attribute

This is from the petclinic example. This response is sent to the user when no matchig last name is found. Refer petclinic for details.

Code:
    		if &#40;results.size&#40;&#41; < 1&#41; &#123;
    			// no owners found
    			errors.rejectValue&#40;"lastName", "notFound", null, "not found"&#41;;
    			return showForm&#40;request, response, errors&#41;;
    		&#125;

Comment

Thanks, but the code you refer to is in the formcontroller itself. I need to get back to the form from the exceptionhandler

Comment

I have a similar problem!!

I have a similar problem - I have an interceptor for login and I want to display an appropriate message on the login page - but how do you add an error to the view from here?

I suppose I could redirect the user to another controller but that seems a bit daft.

Any ideas?

Kev

Comment

one solution

I've gone back to using struts. There is so little documentation/support on this stuff. I've got tired of spending half a day or more trying to work out how to do something I already know how to do in Struts.

Comment

Working...
          X