Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• system values for property name attribute?

is there a chart for the potential system values of the name attribute of the property element?

<property name="..."/>

from the books/docs/code i have seen:
    commandName
    commandClass
    sessionForm
    formView
    successView
    etc.

does anyone one have a complete list with explanations?
    better yet, how about potential system values (w/explanations) for every element in spring-beans.dtd?
    maybe something for the new Spring book.

-thx

I don't know what you're getting at. The name attribute corresponds to a property accessor in the bean you're defining the property in and has nothing to do with system values or anything.

<bean class="Example">
    <property name="abcdefg"><value>testing</value></property>
    </bean>

Corresponds to a call to setAbcdefg("testing");

Mayeb I'm missing something?

regards,
    Alef

Comment

clarification

qualification: i am new to spring.

having read both Rod Johnson books, "Spring Java/J2EE Application Framework", the MVC step by step, Matt Raible's PDF, spring-beans-dtd and the api/doc(s) i am just seeing many diff uses of the context file's elements/attributes/values.
      the flexibility of springMVC/struts/other, bind/validate (or not), setter/constructor injection, handlers/controllers, etc. has the example context files appearing very different accross the books/examples.
      i realize that they are all doing slightly different things requiring different context file elements/attribute combinations but what i am looking for is a clear/concise chart explaining the context file's available elements, their attributes and descriptions. sort of a combination of all the "Exposed configuration properties" seen in the api docs.

for example in MVC step by step part 3, p.8 the context file shows:
      <property name="sessionForm"><value>true</value></property>
      <property name="commandName"><value>priceIncrease</value></property>
      <property name="commandClass"><value>bus.PriceIncrease</value></property>
      <property name="validator"><ref bean="priceIncreaseValidator"/></property>
      <property name="formView"><value>priceincrease</value></property>
      <property name="successView"><value>hello.htm</value></property>
      <property name="productManager"><ref bean="prodMan"/></property>

the first 6:
      sessionForm
      commandName
      commandClass
      validator
      formView
      successView

are all "Exposed configuration properties" or "system" values that spring uses to do something. the last value is custom to the application.
      when i first saw the example, i had a hard time differentiating between "system" values and those unique to the sample app. also, i was not sure if the 6 were a complete list of the "system" values.
      what would be nice is a big list of the potential "built in" or "system" values for the context file's elements and attributes, with their description, arraigned in a nice neat table. Matt Raible begins to define these on p. 64 of his PDF when he describes the bean definition attributes.

this all seems like an Appendix A in the spring book y'all are working on, yes?

-thx

Comment

Working...
      X