X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with spring commons validator integration

I've been attempting to add support for commons validator to my application following Matt's Spring Live examples. Everything was going smoothly until I tried to get the client side javascript validation going (server side works).

Using the Spring Live examples I've created a validator.jsp with the following content:
    Code:
    <%@ page language="java" contentType="javascript/x-javascript" %>
    <%@ taglib uri="http&#58;//www.springframework.org/tags/commons-validator" prefix="html" %>
    <html&#58;javascript dynamicJavascript="false" staticJavascript="true"/>
    And in my maintenance-servlet.xml I have defined the ValidatorFactory:
    Code:
    <bean id="validatorFactory" class="org.springframework.validation.commons.DefaultValidatorFactory" init-method="init">
        <property name="resources">
            <list>
                <value>/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml</value>
                <value>/WEB-INF/validation.xml</value>
            </list>
        </property>
    </bean>
    When this page gets invoked an exception is thrown with the message:
    org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefini tionException: No unique bean of type [org.springframework.validation.commons.ValidatorFa ctory] is defined: Expected single bean but found 0
    I've been looking at the code for the spring commons validator tag and the getValidatorResources() method tried to first get the WebApplicationContext using the following code:
    Code:
    WebApplicationContext ctx = 
        &#40;WebApplicationContext&#41;   pageContext.getRequest&#40;&#41;.getAttribute&#40;
            DispatcherServlet.WEB_APPLICATION_CONTEXT_ATTRIBUTE
        &#41;;
    Then falls back to:
    Code:
    ctx = WebApplicationContextUtils.getRequiredWebApplicationContext&#40;
        pageContext.getServletContext&#40;&#41;
    &#41;;
    Because the WebApplicationContext can't be found with the first call the main context is loaded from the fall back code. The ValidatorFactory isn't defined there so the NoSuchBeanDefinitionException is thrown.

I must have missed something... Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Cheers,
    Dan

Doh! To answer my own question, Matt has the ValidatorFactory loaded into the main context.

*sigh*

Comment

What does this mean tho?

So I have the same issue but am still trying to figure out what this means??

What's the main context? Are you referring to the App context? Well, digging I will go.. If I figure this out, I'll post back.

Comment

Working...
      X