Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• log4j problem

Hi all,

I installed tomcat and stated it without any problem. When I deployed my spring webapp to it and restarted it I got this message:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax).
    log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

But tomcat started without a problem and I can run the spring application. I haven't used the digester package and I don't know where it's being used. All other logs outputs are working fine, buy everytime I start tomcat I get the above WARN message.

How can I set the appender to the digester class? I don't know where its being used and how to initialize that. Please help....

Found the reason

Hi Folks,

Just found why I was getting the error; clashing commons-logging versions. In my WEB-INF/lib I had commons-logging jar that came with spring distribution. Tomcat has commons-logging-api jar in [CATALINA_HOME]/bin. So, I deleted my jar in WEB-INF/lib and it all works fine now.

Cheers
    Pradeep

Comment

It isn't an error it is a warning... If it was an error your application wouldn't run.

Comment

Thanks for pointing it out Marten, it was a warning and not an error. I shouldn't be confusing anyone.

Comment

Just details but still .

We get a similair warning but that is due to the fact we use SLF4J and we need a wrapper around commons-logging. However the application still works and the warning occurs only at startup/redeployment... Which isn't something we do regurlarly on production machines ..

Comment

Working...
          X