Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Why isn't there enough documentation on MVC, Spring Bind, Validation? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drogora View Post
    Yes I know that it's possible to use DWR or dojo, but it doesn't seems to me that Spring is supporting them officially (I searched the term "ajax" in Spring documentation - I found zero matches) and I have some doubt about correct use of ajax in Spring MVC (i.e. the "ajax called methods" should be placed in the controller or directly in the service?).
    In my opinion it's not really the responsibility of Spring to support a particular AJAX framework/library, rather it's the responsibility of said framework/library to integrate with Spring. The only concern I see that Spring should have is making itself available to integrate and play nice. In light of this, I can't tell you enough how well DWR integrates with Spring. Configure the servlet, expose some service methods/classes, add some imports to your JSP and you're off an running.

Comment

and I have some doubt about correct use of ajax in Spring MVC (i.e. the "ajax called methods" should be placed in the controller or directly in the service?)
      i read another book Pro Ajax and Java Frameworks
      and its examples with ajax and spring use services instead of controls

It's not a complete pain, because I think that entire philosophy of Spring is clear and simple
      yep, but the first time that you seen some code examples (without theory),
      did you understand the why of the things??

i hope you see my point

In my opinion it's not really the responsibility of Spring to support a particular AJAX framework/library
      yes, i am agree too

The only concern I see that Spring should have is making itself available to integrate and play nice. In light of this,
      thats right

I can't tell you enough how well DWR integrates with Spring. Configure the servlet, expose some service methods/classes, add some imports to your JSP and you're off an running.
      i can say that the book already mentionated is nice to learn from the scratch how work with Spring and DWR in peace

regards

Comment

I didn't realize a post I started could be so busy!

I do agree it is hard sometimes. I have a book, the Spring site, google. I have Pro Spring and everyone says it's a great book. I follow the example but sometimes they do not go through every little detail. I went to their site looking for the full code, but I don't see all the examples from each chapter.

Basically, I can follow an example just fine, but examples are not exactly what you might need. It's then when I go looking on how to do what I need that it's hard to find the answers it seems.

Comment

I have Pro Spring and everyone says it's a great book.
          the book is more dedicated to the core for spring, DAO BO layers AOP, really few for spirng mvc

for me this book is the best of the best

I follow the example but sometimes they do not go through every little detail.
          thats impossible for any book

I went to their site looking for the full code, but I don't see all the examples from each chapter.
          good point, i only see but never try all its examples, for exmaple javamail chapter, simply doesnt works

but the book to learn from the scratch Spring, was my best option

regards

Comment

Originally posted by drogora View Post
            We also had problems to understand the "flow" of a SimpleFormcontroller.
            Maybe this helps.

Joerg

Comment

Originally posted by dr_pompeii View Post
              i am agree that without books, learn spring is a pain
              Can't agree, never had a Spring book. Wait, not entirely true. I read "J2EE Development Without EJB" but that's hardly about Spring and lacks any details.

What I actually want to point out: You must not be scared of looking into the code though. That's the best documentation - and a benchmark for the quality of the software. Spring has a VERY high one.

Joerg

Comment

Dear Jörg

You must not be scared of looking into the code though.
                not really scared, instead, i prefer see a theory introduction of the why of the things (rules, criteria of programming, suggestions etc etc) and then the examples of course

some times really the code examples save my skin when the books doesnt offer even a nearby solution and just for mvc problems and doubts

i think this is an opion of orselves about of the way of learning some topics.

anyway i never said that code exmaples are bad

That's the best documentation
                i am agree in 80% - other 20% is theory

Spring has a VERY high one.
                Spring is our saviour

best wishes
                Last edited by dr_pompeii; Aug 10th, 2007, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jörg Heinicke View Post
                  Maybe this helps.

Joerg

Thank you very much Joerg, it's what I was looking for :-)

It would be useful if Spring group ask fuzziman the permission to use this flowchart in Spring official documentation...

Davide.

Comment

Working...
                  X