Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring integration within Apache Cocoon Flow / Tomcat ?

Hello

I am currently trying to have Spring and Apache Cocoon work together, both being in a single Tomcat webapp. Spring is already implemented in the business layer (DAOs/Hibernate), and using it again in the web presentation layer looks interesting.

In details, I would like to inject a Bean obtained from a SpringBeanFactory into a JSP page, the Bean instanciation being done in a cocoon flow. Then in this JSP page, I'd like to use standard JSTL Core tags to traverse the Bean graph. I don't need fancy stuff like forms support, because this presentation has zero user inputs, i.e not a single <form> tag (yes, this is so 90's).

Work available at http://struts.sourceforge.net/struts-flow/index.html states "This means Control Flow could be used to drive non-Struts JSP applications", however I don't quite understand how :-

Has anyone integrated Spring's presentation layer within a Cocoon architecture, perhaps with things like <%=(request.getAttribute()) %> on the JSP side ? The flow approach isn't even mandatory, I'm also having the same problem with the Action approach :>

Thanks for any advice

hakimm

There is indeed an example architecture of Spring, Hibernate and Cocoon.

http://new.cocoondev.org/main/117/43.html

Not sure if this is exactly what you are after, do you want a Cocoon presentation layer or a Spring one? If you allready have the business layer in Spring why so you need Cocoon if not for the presentation layer?

Comment

Yeah, my architecture is very similar to this example, and they are also using Cocoon for the presentation layer (a.k.a xsl transforms of xml data), not Spring.

why so you need Cocoon if not for the presentation layer?
      My app relies on heavy gathering & aggregation of various XML feeds from local/remote sources, and Cocoon has great builtin components to achieve this, that's why I still need it

Comment

Working...
      X