Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File upload

Hi,

In my application I have an Image object, that contains several String fields and a field that contains the actual content (byte[]).

I have written an HTML form that will allow me to edit such an Image object. This form is processed by a SimpleFormController. Everything works fine, except that when editing my image I always need to upload the image again. If I don't than the column in the database holding the actual image, is set to null.

Is there some way I can check if no image was uploaded and in that case only modify the other fields and leave my original image data intact?

Thanks for any help,

Arjan Huijzer

There's probably a better way, but why not just grab the existing image (if it's there) and set it again when you're editing the object?

Comment

Hi,

That's exactly what I am trying to prevent. I use the web interface to my database from several remote locations, where I do not have the image on the hard drive. This means that if I want to edit an image object I first have to view my image object and save the picture after which I can then change the Image. It's just annoying....

Thanks for your reaction.

Arjan

Comment

Working...
      X