Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controllers

hi,
    I have a question considering the controllers and the formcontrollers.
    If I have a page that displays 2 lists.
    for example: a page that displays a list of customers and when a customer is selected the details of this customer appears in the same page.
    I understand that if the 2 lists are displayed in two different pages then I'll need a controller for each page.
    But if they are both on the same page , how are controllers managed?

Thanks in Advance.
    sherihan.

do you mean that you want the second list to update without another round trip to the server? If so, you're looking at client side scripting, probably JavaScript. You'd have to supply all of the customer data as reference data in the page showing customer lists. Usual caveats apply with any client side technology.

If you want to round-trip the server after selecting a customer you can still use the same controller just passing a parameter to identify which customer was selected. The controller adds the customer detail to the model if a valid id is in the request and the same view can show it.

If you meant something entirely different, you'll need to supply more detail.

Regards,

Comment

You might want to check out the AbstractWizardFormController. This controller allows you to split up your form into several pages, but still use one controller.

Comment

Working...
      X