X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to wire custom RequestProcessor

We have a custom request processor that overrides processRole.

I need your suggestion how to configure and wire this custom request processor in application context?[/color]

We could also make our custom request processor extend Springs extension to TileRequestProcessor if this is the right approach.

Any suggestion on this?
    [/b]

You can configure the Struts request processor using Struts' configuration file. I suggest to extend the Spring TilesRequestProcessor (or its superclass, the DelegatingRequestProcessor). Is this (http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/configuration.html) what you're looking for (the controller element allows for configuring a custom one I believe).

regards,
    Alef

Comment

Alef,

Thanks for the response. This is what I actually had in mind with this question:

I may have a MyRequestProcessor that extends spring's DelegatingTilesRequestProcessor.

This MyRequestProcessor may need to have a property userService of type let's say UserAuthenticationService.

Can I use Spring application context to supply this RequestProcessor dependency. Have anyone done this before with request processor, and can you show me how?

The reason why I am asking this specific question about request processor is that it is a pivotal Struts object, and Struts manages its instantiation and use. I am not sure how can I make Spring manage it as a dependency injected bean.

Thank you,
      Edmon

Comment

Working...
      X