Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I redirect from setSuccessView() to a Controller

Hi guys,

I use SimpleFormController for a page and after I receive the response I want to redirect to a diferent controller not view. I want to do this only on the server side through setSuccessView(). Can somebody guide me how should I configure my springapp-servlet.xml?

I want to call from HomeController the bean named: "/sessionStatsStaticUsersList.do".

Code:
        <!-- ========================= VIEW DEFINITIONS ========================= -->

<bean id="viewResolver" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceViewResolver">
            <property name="viewClass"><value>org.springframework.web.servlet.view.JstlView</value></property>
            <property name="prefix"><value>/WEB-INF/jsp/</value></property>
            <property name="suffix"><value>.jsp</value></property>
        </bean>

<!-- ========================= DEFINITIONS OF PUBLIC CONTROLLERS ========================= -->

<bean id="defaultHandlerMapping" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.BeanNameUrlHandlerMapping"/>

<bean name="/home.do" class="web.controller.HomeController">
    	</bean>

<bean name="/sessionStatsStaticUsersList.do" class="web.controller.SessionStatsStaticController">
    		<property name="incomingPage" value="allUsersList"/>
    		<property name="server" value="Local"/>
    	</bean>
    Thanks and regards,
    Last edited by bogdanb; May 10th, 2007, 02:42 AM.

Re : How do I redirect from setSuccessView() to a Controller

In springapp-servlet.xml
    in definition of HomeController,
    U can define as
    <property name="successview" value="/sessionStatsStaticUsersList.do"/>
    This successview is nothing but setSuccessView().
    It will redirect to another controller as u defined in xml..........

Regards,
    Murugan.C

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I have tried like that, putting directly in the HomeController setSuccessView the bean name. The problem is that my bean does not extend the org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstarctView but the Controller, so I get exception when it tries to forward.

So that's why I put the question because I need a mceanism (not especialy setSuccessView) to direct me on the ServerSide to another controller with all the model available from the coming page.

Thanks and regards,

Comment

I'm reasonably new to this but have you tried using AbstractWizardFormController if what you are trying to achieve is a wizard style form? There is a small tutorial on how to use it in the Manning book (Spring in Action).

Comment

You can use "redirect:controllername.htm" as your view name as:

<property name="successView" value="redirect:sessionStatsStaticUsersList.do" />

Comment

Re : successView

<property name="successView" value="redirect:sessionStatsStaticUsersList.do" />

By adding "redirect" it will work...

u can also try this other way in your Controller class

return new ModelAndView(new RedirectView("sessionStatsStaticUsersList.do"));

Note : But u should use either one only, not using the "redirect:" in xml and new RedirectView() in controller at same time.

Comment

Hi,

Were you able to send a model to the RedirectView?

Anu

Comment

Its not possible....since u r implementing new RedirectView...

Comment

u cannot access the model object from one controller to another controller since u r used redirectView

Comment

Working...
                  X