Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New version of springworkflow

Hi all,

after Spring released the newest version with integrated forward functionality, I sat down to scratch my head to find out if the springworkflow still had merits to continue work on it. After some scratching and comparing I decided that there was still room for the springworkflow system so then I started the upgrade to version 1.3. To make it better understandable I also wrote a number of tutorials to show the possibilities of the springworkflow system. So if anyone is interested in seeing this, its available at http://dev.competities.com/index.go.

The tutorial is part of the download and also online available.

Release notes:

- changed the name of the save attribute of the action attribute of the workflow.xml to submit,
    since this better mimicks the behaviour for spring controllers. When you set an action
    with submit="true" then the controller that extends WorkflowSimpleFormController
    will perform the onSubmit method. This is comparable to the default behaviour of the
    WorkflowSimpleFormController when you submit a form by using post.
    - added a load of tutorials. These can be found under springworkflow/index.web
    - added the posibility to use menu's on pageflow level.
    - added the posibility for pages to skip a menu.
    - found and solved a bug when there was no bodyContent for the workflow:action tag, the latest
    bodyContent was displayed in stead of trying to find a displayKey.
    - deprecated the WorkflowRedirectionExceptions to forward to different controllers. You should
    use a modelAndView with the viewName set to "forward:" or "redirect:". See tutorial and
    testcases for more information.
    - removed the need for page's to have a physical page definition. If there is no physical
    page definition for a page, the physical page is assumed to be the same as the page name.
    - added dir attribute to physicalpages container. If this value is set, then all the pages
    without a specific physical page definition will be assumed to be in a subdirectory build
    from <prefix element of viewResolver bean>/<dir attribute>
    - if there is no htmlClass defined for a workflow:action tag, there will be an added class="springworkflow_<linktype>"
    attribute (like class="springworkflow_button" or class="springworkflow_link")

Gr
    Ronald

Got a broken link on your tutorial

http://dev.competities.com/documenta...kflow/index.go

Comment

Woops, thank you, solved now.

Gr
      Ronald

Comment

Working...
      X