Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should a password confirmation field go?

In a signup controller that I'm making I simply use the User object as the command object. On the signup page I would people to confirm their password by having a second password field and simply compare that to the first one.

The question is pretty basic; what is good practice for implementing this? I don't want to add this password field to my User object. I could create a command object with both a user and passwordConfirmation field, but that sounds a bit silly. What is the comon solution for this?

S.

Stefan,

A command object is a nice way to accomplish this. Currently, I have a wizard style enrollment. One page is for user information like name and email, etc. One page is for accessing the the system user id, password, backup password and secret phrase, etc. I have an enrollment command that is, basically, the model for the the enrollment process. After validation succeeds, a new User object is created and stored in the db.

I look at commands as being on a use case level. My command will support the enrollment wizard, but will not likely be used anywhere else.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dmfrey
      Hope this helps.
      Yeah thanks. I've also chosen that route

S.

Comment

Working...
      X