Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimpleWizardFormController or SpringWebFlow?

I have to implement two wizard style forms. Collect info on a couple of pages, show a confirmation on the last page, be able to go back and forth between pages.

Can anyone recommend SimpleWizardFormController or SpringWebFlow? Is the latter overkill for a simple form? I'm not familiar with any of them so I don't really understand the added value of SpringWebFlow.

S.

The AbstractWizardFormController and SimpleFormController included with Spring are special cases of what you can do with the Spring Web Flows controller. There is an article discussing the Spring Web Flows controller in detail: http://www.ervacon.com/products/springwebflow/article.

If all you need is a wizard, the AbstractWizardFormController is probably the easiest way to go. If you need more freedom in your page navigation, try the web flow controller.

Erwin

Comment

We used the AbstractWizardFormController which I found quite powerfull and simple to use in term of controlling the workflow. Basically, you have an array of pages, and a method getTargetPage, which will return on each post, which page of the array you want to view. You can exit the workflow, with a command _finish posted to the controller, and forward to another controller. The only thing I could not handle with it, is cookie persistance, since you don't have access to the response.

Comment

How to forward to another Controller

Hi.

I'm new to Springframework and I'm using the AbstractWizardFormController. I only know how the page (only jsp) can be switch using the getTargetPage, but how to forward to another controller (eg. /abc.do) instead of simple jsp?

Comment

Working...
        X