X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handling InvalidPropertyException during page reload

I have a view/jsp in which the user is enabled to add and remove links.
    It all works fine unless I have removed the last link and the user presses F5 or the reload button/symbol of the browser. This ends up in an InvalidPropertyException:
    Code:
    Invalid property 'processes[0].deliverables[0].dmsLinks[1]' of bean class [DataProcess] : Index out of bounds in property path 'dmsLinks[1]'; nested exception is java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index:1, Size:1
    So, where is the place in the workflow to catch the request and check, if the page has been reloaded sending the previous request (query string)?
    Knowing this, I could check that the indices are within an arrays bounds and act accordingly.

Thank you,
    Dirk

Is this in a Spring Web Flow powered application?
    Could you post the complete stack trace so that we have more of an idea of where exactly the exception occurs?

Erwin

Comment

Well, you're right. It's no Spring Web Flow powerde application. I think this thread should be posted in "Spring Framework Support Forums > Core Spring & Sub Projects > Web". I'm sorry. I hope you could help me anyway.

To remember:
      I deleted the last item in the collection and afterwards I push the reload button. This causes sending the request once more which ends up in the following exception.

Here's the stack trace:

Code:
      [checklist] 2007-02-09 17:33:52,002 ERROR - org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(253) | Servlet.service() for servlet ChecklistApp threw exception
      org.springframework.beans.InvalidPropertyException: Invalid property 'processes[0].deliverables[0].dmsLinks[0]' of bean class [checklist.model.DataProcess]: Index of out of bounds in property path 'dmsLinks[0]'; nested exception is java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
      java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
      	at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:546)
      	at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:321)
      	at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:511)
      	at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getNestedBeanWrapper(BeanWrapperImpl.java:392)
      	at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getBeanWrapperForPropertyPath(BeanWrapperImpl.java:369)
      	at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getBeanWrapperForPropertyPath(BeanWrapperImpl.java:370)
      	at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getBeanWrapperForPropertyPath(BeanWrapperImpl.java:370)
      	at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.setPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:565)
      	at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.setPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:737)
      	at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.setPropertyValues(BeanWrapperImpl.java:764)
      	at org.springframework.validation.DataBinder.applyPropertyValues(DataBinder.java:418)
      	at org.springframework.validation.DataBinder.doBind(DataBinder.java:325)
      	at org.springframework.web.bind.WebDataBinder.doBind(WebDataBinder.java:122)
      	at org.springframework.web.bind.ServletRequestDataBinder.bind(ServletRequestDataBinder.java:131)
      	at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.BaseCommandController.bindAndValidate(BaseCommandController.java:368)
      	at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractFormController.handleRequestInternal(AbstractFormController.java:248)
      	at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
      	at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:44)
      	at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:723)
      	at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:663)
      	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:394)
      	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:358)
      	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
      	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
      	at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
      	at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
      	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:174)
      	at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:77)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
      	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
      	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
      	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
      	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
      	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
      	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
      	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
      	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
      	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Comment

Working...
      X