X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jstl in different frontend

I read some documentation now and i have seen how to build a jsp-file. But what happens, when you have a separate frontend?

I have build a backend with a database handled by the spring framework and a friend of mine will build a frontend. Made with classic html-files and java script and maybe flash.. whatever. How are these two combined? Does he has to rename all his files to .jsp? Or is there another way to do this?
    Does i have to define tons of tags he can use everywhere in his frontend?

Dosi

You can use SpringMVC and leverage one of the many tempate aproaches that this supports. JSP, Velocity, Freemarker, etc... Not just as simple as renaming the files with .jsp extensions on the end. These html pages are the jumpstart to templates that you can replace pieces of the pages with dynamic content on the server. Take a look at SpringMVC and how to integrate this with your Spring services that you are writing.

http://static.springframework.org/sp...rence/mvc.html

Comment

Hey cwash5, thanks... I read many parts of this document. Now i have the following state. I'm able to give data through a selfmade tag down to the bean, the bean loads the data from the database and than the tag is replaced with other data... but unfortunately the data is static. here is an example.

Thats the Tag i have
      Code:
      <sf:getPartner part1="PS" part2="11000" part3="CLA" verification="RUVPY"/>
      I have a partner table that contains part1, part2, part3 and verification, and cause of this 4 attributes i can load the name of the partner. and this works, but i dont wanna type the parts in the jsp-file, i want that the user can type it in with an input-textbox. I tried something with a spring:bind-tag, but that wasn't working. i think there is a little thing that is missing. can you help me?

Comment

Mhh.. does nobody has an answer? Or is this too easy?

Comment

Working...
        X