X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'beans

I've got this error during an attempt to upgrade from spring 1.2.5 to spring 2.0x.
    It's like xerces doesn't find the dtd.

I found messages in the spring forums that seem to address the same issue. However, they couldn't help me figuring out things for my particular case.

Please note that debug messages in chainsaw indicate that the dtd has been found:

Trying to locate [spring-beans-2.0.dtd] in Spring jar
    Found beans DTD [http://www.springframework.org/dtd/s...beans-2.0.dtd] in classpath

I've tried by specifying the schemas instead too, but I steadily get the same message:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'beans'.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandl erWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrap per.java:236)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandl erWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:172)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorRe porter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:382)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorRe porter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:316)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSche maValidator.handleStartElement(XMLSchemaValidator. java:1944)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSche maValidator.startElement(XMLSchemaValidator.java:7 05)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTD Validator.startElement(XMLDTDValidator.java:798)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocum entScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLNSDocumentScann erImpl.java:330)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocum entScannerImpl$NSContentDispatcher.scanRootElement Hook(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:779)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumen tFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dis patch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1794)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumen tFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragm entScannerImpl.java:368)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Co nfiguration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:834)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Co nfiguration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:764)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLPars er.parse(XMLParser.java:148)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMPars er.parse(DOMParser.java:250)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBu ilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:292)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultDocum entLoader.loadDocument(DefaultDocumentLoader.java: 77)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitio nReader.java:405)

Of course I've checked that my springapp-servlet.xml is ok, and it is (it hasn't actually changed from back then when I used spring 1.2.5)

Please help, I've been working on this all this sunday afternoon on this problem and I really ask you in despair :-(

Thank you in advance,

Candide
Working...
X