Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I hook into showForm() from a WizardFormController

Hi all,

The AbstractWizardFormController overides the showForm() method and makes if -final- (showPage() is also final). I'm working on a WizardFormController and I would like to conditionally show different initial views based on a session scoped attribute. For instance, if the user is not logged in, show a welcome page, if he is show the initial formView.

However, I have not been able to find a hook into this early part of the workflow. It seems like my options are to either perform the check at the view level, in the initial form jsp and show alternate content (yikes) or create my own version of the AbstractWizardFormController which allows for an early hook (before viewing the initial form).

Am I missing something obvious? My preference would be to use the existing abstract parent class if possible. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Ike

if the user is not logged in, show a welcome page, if he is show the initial formView.
    You can also use a [url]http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=11444[url/] that forwards to the welcome page.
    Last edited by robyn; May 14th, 2006, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks Omar. That is a good solution and it worked well in testing. I will go with that for now.

Comment

Working...
      X