X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in spring.tld

I'm very new to the Spring Framework, so please let me know if I'm missing something ...

I was attempting to use the <spring:bind> tag in a JSP 2.0 document. I was receiving all kinds of weird nondescript ThreadDeath errors from the Catalina web class loader after the DispatcherServlet resolved my view (visible on the call stack). I downloaded the Tomcat source code and discovered that the web class loader was complaining because it hadn't been started.

This led me to try compiling my JSP document outside Tomcat using the Jasper 2 ant task. When attempting to compile the resulting source code, the JDK compiler gave one error for each occurrence of <spring:bind>:

cannot resolve symbol
    symbol: class BindStatus
    org.springframework.web.servlet.support.BindStatus status = null;
    So, I pulled up the Spring Framework source code and, sure enough, the class isn't there. It's actually in the org.springframework.web.servlet.tags package. I also know next to nothing about tag libraries, but I did find the "support.BindStatus" class incorrectly defined as a variable on line 242 of spring.tld. After changing the package to "tags," my page worked fine.

I just noticed that 1.1.2 is available ... I'll go download that ...

Matthew

In the 1.1.2 release, the BindStatus class is in both packages.

Matthew

Comment

My apologies. I think may have mixed Spring JAR and TLD files at some point ... :roll:

Matthew

Comment

Working...
      X