X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem configuring velocitytool with VelocityView

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and would like to get some input on a problem I'm having:

my web application runs on spring 1.1 and velocity 1.4, lately I downloaded velocity-tools-view-1.1.jar (to use the ListTool) but I can't get it to work. I defined a VelocityToolboxViewResolver in my package, and defined the bean in my webapplication.xml:

<bean id="toolboxViewResolver" class="namespace.VelocityToolboxViewResolver">

<property name="toolboxConfigLocation"><value>/WEB-INF/velocitytoolbox.xml</value>
    </property>
    </bean>

and created toolbox.xml under /WEB-INF/toolbox.xml:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <tool>
    <key>list</key>
    <scope>application</scope>
    <class>org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.ListToo l</class>
    </tool>

and after numerous tries I still get the following message:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'toolboxViewResolver' defined in resource [/WEB-INF/webapplication.xml] of ServletContext: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Could not instantiate class [namespace.VelocityToolboxViewResolver]; constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/web/servlet/view/velocity/VelocityToolboxView
    org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Could not instantiate class [ca.culture.velocity.VelocityToolboxViewResolver]; constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/web/servlet/view/velocity/VelocityToolboxView
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/web/servlet/view/velocity/VelocityToolboxView

So it's telling me that org/springframework/web/servlet/view/velocity/VelocityToolboxView doesn't exist. Did I forget to do something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Working...
X