X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forwarding to a servlet in another context

i have a MA controller. It has to forward the req to a servlet in another webapp (inside another ear) on same server (weblogic 8.1). Since I think forwarding with jstl view will not work since jstl view wont understand another web context, i get the servlet context of the other web app explicitly in code, get a req dispatcher from that context, and forward to that servlet. All fine. After that serlvet finishes its work, the control comes back to my controller. Now i want to update a custom header('filename') in the response set by the other servlet. The idea is that the other servlet streams out a file and sets the file name in this custom header. My controler will override this filename header with a diff file name. is this workable? i face some unusual & unclear problems.

Forwarding to different controller in another web context

Hi,

I'm facing a similar problem and don't know how to solve it.

I have two different web contexts in my app. A login web context A and an application web context B. When user logs in successfully in LoginController in context A, I want to be able to forward to ApplicationController in context B and still have access to the session beans from context A. Using respose.sendRedirect(), all session beans are lost. Can someone help me solve this problem?

Thank you

Comment

Working...
    X