X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AbstractExcelView OPTIONS

I am getting this stacktrace in the log when I render an excel spreadsheet using POI to Internet Explorer 6.0:

org.springframework.web.servlet.support.RequestMet hodNotSupportedException: Request method 'OPTIONS' not supported
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.support.WebContent Generator.checkAndPrepare(WebContentGenerator.java :199)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.support.WebContent Generator.checkAndPrepare(WebContentGenerator.java :178)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractContro ller.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:116)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControll erHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAda pter.java:44)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. doService(DispatcherServlet.java:522)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.s ervice(FrameworkServlet.java:321)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletI nvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:971)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeSe rvlet(ServletStubImpl.java:402)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeSe rvlet(ServletStubImpl.java:305)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$Ser vletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java :6350)
    at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubjec t.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:317)
    at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Se curityManager.java:118)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.inv okeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3635)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execu te(ServletRequestImpl.java:2585)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:197)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.ja va:170)

I know why this error is being printed from looking at the Spring source code, but I don't know what is sending an OPTIONS request to the servlet.

Does anyone else get this error and do you know why?

BTW: This does not affect anything, and the excel file renders correctly, but it fills the logs with stacktraces.

Thanks!

FYI: I am using AbstractExcelView and the previously mentioned stacktrace prints exactly 3 times for each time I render a report through Spring.

Comment

The stack trace you're getting is linked to the fact that IE is curious about the available HTTP verbs for this url. However, the excel view doesn't implement the doOptions method and the spring servlet which filters the request before dispatching it to the view render warns about this.
      I wonder whether spring shouldn't provide the normal behaviour on goOptions even for views which don't provide their implementation.
      So, for now, you'll have to cope with it but it is not specially an IE bug (for once)
      I'll file a JIRA improvement request about this.

Olivier

Comment

I posted a jira issue on http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...browse/SPR-452

Comment

Thanks, that is what I figured was happening. I was considering extending the WebContentGenerator class from Spring and fixing this issue, but I don't like to start modifying open source libraries, it gets complicated when new versions come out.

Comment

Working...
          X