Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to reference a appcontext bean from xxx-servlet.xml ????

Hi,

In my staterkit-servlet.xml I have besides Dispatcher....
    a bean wich reference a facade which is declared in my applicationcontext.

in my starterkit-servlet.xml :
    <bean name="mainview.htm" class="myPackage.MainViewController">
    <property name="facade">
    <ref parent="starterkitFacade"/></property>
    </bean>

in my application context.xml I have
    <bean id="starterkitFacade" class="myPackage.StarterKitImpl">
    (some properties binding DAO goes here)
    </bean>

in my web.xml
    <context-param>
    <param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>
    <param-value>/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml</param-value>
    </context-param>

<listener>
    <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoade rListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

and

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>starterkit</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherSe rvlet</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

So I load DAO information in my application context and I can't access beans declared there from the servlet point of view

On starting I have this error
    Error creating bean with name 'mainview.htm' defined in resource [/WEB-INF/starterkit-servlet.xml] of ServletContext: Can't resolve reference to bean 'starterkitFacade' while setting property 'facade'

It can't ref the starterKitFacade coming from applicationContext !!!

What I am doing wrong ???

Thanks for your help

Re: How to reference a appcontext bean from xxx-servlet.xml

Originally posted by Kesasar
    Hi,

in my starterkit-servlet.xml :
    <bean name="mainview.htm" class="myPackage.MainViewController">
    <property name="facade">
    <ref parent="starterkitFacade"/></property>
    </bean>
    <ref parent="starterkitFacade"/> --> <ref bean="starterkitFacade"/>
    or
    <ref parent="starterkitFacade"/> --> <ref local="starterkitFacade"/>

Comment

Actually, only the <ref bean="starterkitFacade" /> should work. The version attribute 'local' is only used to point at beans declared in the very same xml file (it enforce this using IDREF xml type).

Olivier

Comment

Same problem

I am having the same problem. In my *-servlet.xml file, I try to reference a bean declared in the applicationContext.xml file and get an error stating the reference can not be resolved. Is there any special way you have to reference a bean that is outside of the *-servlet context? The documentation seems to indicate that the default context will be used as a parent for the web application context. Here is a quote from the Javadoc:
        By default, the configuration will be taken from "/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml" for the root context, and "/WEB-INF/test-servlet.xml" for a context with the namespace "test-servlet" (like for a DispatcherServlet instance with the web.xml servlet-name "test"). These config location defaults can be overridden via setConfigLocations, respectively via the "contextConfigLocation" parameters of ContextLoader and FrameworkServlet.
        In my particular case, I am setting the "contextConfigLocation" for the DispatcherServlet to include an extra file, but am not overriding the default behavior for the default context. My assumtion is that I will end up with a web application context that merges the files configured in the dispatcher init param and with a parent context that is the default context. Anybody out there have this working? I am using Spring 1.1.1.

Thanks!
        Derek Adams

Comment

Oops

Never mind.. I forgot to add the ContextLoaderListener to my web.xml. :oops:

Comment

Working...
          X