Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow & heavy web application reloading

Hi
    I wonder if anyone has the same problem ...
    Im using Springs MVC with tomcat and I have more than a hundred controllers, url-mappings and other various things defined in my xml files.
    During development time whenever I make the slightest change to any of these config files I have to redeploy the application in tomcat and during each redeployment spring refresh's its beans loading all of the beans and definitions again . This process usually takes more than 30 seconds each time which is way too long .
    Anybody has a good suggestion how to overcome this problem ? Should i report it as a feature request to have a development mode for loading data from context files ?

Thnx !

Could you structure your application into multiple WARs, loading only the part of the application (WAR) you're actually working on? A major downside of multiple WARs like this is a loss of session state between them, but there are ways around that (session state in DB using a cookie as the key, and single sign on solutions like CAS on the authentication front to make the webapps appear as one).

Comment

Working...
    X