Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input Text and spring:bind, space pb !

hi,

i 've got a space pb :

[historiqueCarte.id has 10385 for value]

Case 1:

Code:
    <spring&#58;bind path="historiqueCarte.id">
    	<input type="text" name="id" value="$&#123;status.value&#125;"/>
    </spring&#58;bind>
    Résult : 10 385 (with a space between 10 and 385)

Case 2 :

Code:
    <spring&#58;bind path="historiqueCarte.id">
    	<input type="text" name="id" value="$&#123;historiqueCarte.id&#125;"/>
    </spring&#58;bind>
    Résult : 10385 (with no space between 10 and 385)

When the bind occur : in the case one it take an incorrect value : 10 for id instead of 10385.

Maybe i make a mistake ...

Thanks,

Fabien.

Case 1:
    BindStatus object internally delegates to BeanWrapperImpl to return the object property value. It seems like you have a registered PropertyEditor that formats number into String "99 999".
    Case 2:
    You are using JSTL. No value formatting happens.

Comment

Hi and thanks for your answer.

You're right, i have register this CustumNumberEditor :

Code:
      NumberFormat nf = NumberFormat.getNumberInstance&#40;&#41;;
      binder.registerCustomEditor&#40;Long.class, null, new CustomNumberEditor&#40;Long.class, nf, true&#41;&#41;;
      But in my case, what other binder editor should i use ?

Thanks,

Fabien.

Comment

CustomNumberEditor seems to work fine.

e.g.

calling cne.setValue(new Long(10385)) then calling cne.getAsText() returns "10,385" (I'm in Sydney so I get a comma).

then calling cne.getValue() returns a Long 10385

My guess is that you're not registering the property editor *both* when you are handling a POST and also when you are showing a page. You probably get the value of 10 for a POST since no propertyeditor is configured.

Where do you call the code sample that you include in your original post?

Comment

I ran into a similar problem when converting from regular <c:out> tags to <spring:bind> tags... before the switch, my jsp worked fine, but afterwards, it would concatenate all my numeric fields with the same "name=" attribute into a string, and I would get number format exceptions from the CustomNumberEditor :?:

I found that when using <spring:bind>, you have to convert some of your other fields to ${status.______} format.

In my case, I switched from
          Code:
          name="quantity"
          to
          Code:
          name="<c&#58;out value="$&#123;status.expression&#125;"/>"
          and all of my problems disappeared.

Try checking out the spring tag library documentation, and see if you find anything that might help: http://www.springframework.org/docs/taglib/

Comment

Similar Problem solved with status.expression

I had a String[] in my command object named values.

JSP had <spring:bind path="metric.values"> tags around multiple input text fields. Each of the input text fields had the same name, all had different ids. Each input field had name="values".

Seemed to work fine, until I entered a comma into my text field. Spring split my single text entry into two entries in the array.

I replaced name="values" with name="<c:out value="${status.expression}" /> and all seems to work fine now. Commas do not cause multiple entries in the array.

Just an FYI for anyone else who encounters this. I am curious why this occurs though?

Comment

Working...
            X