Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie: Multiple Command Objects?

Hello,

I'm just starting out with Spring, playing around with a couple simple forms and some hibernate-based business objects. I'd like to have a single form that's composed of properities from multiple business objects, and then have the form values automatically bound to the respective business objects (I guess this would be multiple command objects?). Does Spring support something like this? I though perhaps the MultiActionController might address the issue, but it appears to solve a different issue.

Thanks,

Mike

As far as I know there is no support for multiple command objects.
    However there is nothing to stop you making a command object that has as properties a number of business objects. Spring binding does support properties of properties.
    It sounds like this would give you what you are looking for.

Comment

Multiple Command Objects?

Hi ,

Is there any plan to add support for multiple form object in future ? I think , below is valid scenario when we will need more then one command object .

I came across one scenario . I've session scoped bean and also request scoped bean . I've used request scoped bean as command object but unable to get property set in session scoped . Please suggest how we can use session scoped bean's property here ?

Comment

Working...
      X