Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drop down box - validate page

Hi,

I currently have a drop down box. I am using a AbstractWizardFormController and would like to know if its possible to retrieve the selected value in the Validatepage method?

Originally posted by Ellusionist
    would like to know if its possible to retrieve the selected value in the Validatepage method?
    If I understand you correctly, you can retrieve it like so:

Code:
    protected void validatePage(Object o, Errors errors, int page) {
      YourCommandForm mcf= (YourCommandForm) o;
      String value = mcb.getSelectDropDownValue();
    }

Comment

Here is the code:

Code:
      <spring:bind path="activation.selectedAccount">	              
      	              <select id="selectedAccount" name="<c:out value="${status.expression}"/>"  onchange="submitForm(this.name);">
      	              	  <option value="0" >-- Select an account --</option>	
      		              <c:forEach items="${activation.associatedAccounts}" var="linkedAccount">
      	  					<option 
      		  					<c:if test="${linkedAccount.account.id == activation.selectedAccount}">selected</c:if>
      	  						value="<c:out value="${linkedAccount.account.id}"/>" >
      	  						<c:out value="${linkedAccount.account.accountKey}" />  					  	
      	  				  </option>
      					  </c:forEach>
      				  </select>	  
      				</spring:bind>
      The problem is that I need to get accountKey and not id (which is going into the form backing object).

Comment

The problem is that I need to get accountKey and not id (which is going into the form backing object).
        In that case, I would look up the "accountKey" by iterating "activation.associatedAccounts" (assuming they're available in application/session scope) based on the "id" selected by the user. In other words, don't worry with passing "accountKey" as a param when you have the "id".

Comment

Originally posted by socotech
          In that case, I would look up the "accountKey" by iterating "activation.associatedAccounts" (assuming they're available in application/session scope) based on the "id" selected by the user. In other words, don't worry with passing "accountKey" as a param when you have the "id".
          The "activation.associatedAccounts" is just a list containing the account numbers there is no way that I can link it at this stage of the form proccessing.

Comment

Hi,

I currently have a drop down box. I am using a AbstractWizardFormController and would like to know if its possible to retrieve the selected value in the Validatepage method?
            Have you considered using a propertyEditor to retrieve the account (for the specified id), so your form backing object would not have String: getSelectedAccountId() but rather Account:getSelectedAccount()?

This post explains how to use property editors (it is actually for checkboxes, but it is still relevant): http://forum.springframework.org/sho...ght=checkboxes

Comment

Working...
            X