Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AbstractWizardFormController Example

Hello,

I have to deal with very large forms (up to 1000 fields) that are broken down into sections. Each section has a "next" and a "back" button that is used to navigate between sections. Form data is persisted with each click on "next" or "back".

1) Am I right to assume that the AbstractWizardFormController will be suited for my needs?

2) I haven't found any samples that demonstrate the AbstractWizardFormController. Can somebody send me a sample? I'll be happy to document this controller so that it can be shared with others.

Thomas.

Re: AbstractWizardFormController Example

Originally posted by thomasvdv
    Form data is persisted with each click on "next" or "back".

1) Am I right to assume that the AbstractWizardFormController will be suited for my needs?
    Yes, but if by 'persisted' you mean written to a database or other storage you'll need to handle that yourself in your subclass. Otherwise data is transient in the session which allows you to flip back and forth OK without losing what you filled in.

2) I haven't found any samples that demonstrate the AbstractWizardFormController. Can somebody send me a sample? I'll be happy to document this controller so that it can be shared with others.
    Where did you look for the samples? There's one used in the jPetStore sample shipped with the Spring code (OrderFormControlller).

Comment

Another sample of AbstractCommandController

http://nfjs.habuma.com/

Example code
      - Spring Pizza

Comment

Working...
      X