Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Performance Issue in MVC Controller

Hi,

We use Spring 3.1.2. I'm debugging an ongoing problem where on occasion a request is shown to take way too long - between a couple seconds and 1 or 2 minutes. This is observed via NewRelic for a fraction of the total web requests, but it affects all URLs. The situation it occurs under is throughout the day (not just peak hours) and for all json requests, although possibly that is a red herring since all of our requests are json, and whether or not the controller is JDK or CGLib proxied.

What I see in newrelic is that the web request has been fast up until it reaches the controller proxy [the EnhancerByCGLIB part], and is fast after it has reached the real controller method [for example, QuoteController.getMarketStatus]. The part that is slow seems to be what newrelic can't seem to show... it shows it below as "Application code"
    Code:
    QuoteController$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$e1184bec.getMarketStatus()
      Application code (in QuoteController$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$e1184bec.getMarketStatus())
      com.pany.quote.controller.QuoteController.getMarketStatus
        com.pany.quote.service.QuoteService.getMktStatus
          com.pany.quote.dao.QuoteDAO.getMktStatus
            com.pany.quote.dao.QuoteDAO.callMrktQryListSvc
    As far as I know, everything that exhibits this problem has a RequestMapping annotation, on either the class or method level, or both.

I do not know what is causing the issue, and could use some help debugging it, because I think it may be related to Spring controllers.

I've got the same problem, any update?

NewRelic shows sometimes poor response times, sample:

Code:
    ...$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$31e25132....    1    5,030 ms    99%
    Spring version: 3.2.2.RELEASE
    Cglib version: 2.2

Comment

Working...
    X