X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring MVC REST POST call is giving 400 with JQuery ajax call

I am trying to call my spring MVC REST service and it works with a JQuery $.post but not $.ajax.
    The javascript shows this 400 error;
    1. Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request) https://s3.amazonaws.com/codiqa-cdn/jquery-1.7.2.min.js
    1. sendjquery-1.7.2.min.js:4
    2. f.extend.ajaxjquery-1.7.2.min.js:4
    3. logIntoCMS:8080/coco/:124
    4. onclick

And in spring it gives this error;
    DEBUG: org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotat ion.ExceptionHandlerExceptionResolver - Resolving exception from handler [public com.company.User com.company.SessionController.login(java.lang.Stri ng,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.Str ing,org.springframework.ui.Model)]: org.springframework.web.bind.MissingServletRequest ParameterException: Required String parameter 'password' is not present

In JQuery this code works;
    Code:
    var paramsData = {password:$('password').val(), authorizationType: $('authorizationType').val()};
    $.post(buildURL, paramsData, function(data){ user = data });
    But this doesn't;
    Code:
                $.ajax({
                            type: "POST",
                            url: buildURL,
                            data: JSON.stringify({ 
                                password: $('#password').val(), 
                                authorizationType: $('#authorizationType').val() 
                            }),
                            contentType: "application/json; charset=utf-8",
                            dataType: "json",
                            async: false,
                            success: function(data)
                            { user = data; }
                        });
    The spring code is the same for both calls;
    Code:
        @RequestMapping(value="/{cms}/{username}", method=RequestMethod.POST)
        public @ResponseBody User login(@PathVariable("cms") String cmsName, @PathVariable("username") String username, @RequestParam("password") String password, @RequestParam("authorizationType") String authorizationType, Model model) 
        {
    ....it never reaches the first line in the method...

The only real difference is I need it to be synchronous to wait on user data so I need $.ajax with async:false. It looks like the data line is wrong in the ajax call. The data comes from an input field and select box both with the IDs above. Every combination I've tried doesn't work.
    Last edited by mleejr; Apr 2nd, 2013, 02:17 PM.

Ok, I figured this out. Spring is giving a good error. JQuery is sending data. It may not look wrong in a javascript debugger, but it is improperly formatted or something. Remove dataType and contentType. The data now needs to be the format;
    Code:
    data: { password: $('password').val(), authorizationType: $('authorizationType').val()},

Comment

Working...
    X