Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring MVC and TRansactional HTTP response

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows if the HTTP response within an Spring Restful application is transactional. What I mean by this is, if the POST controller method is @Transactional, what happens if the HTTP response fails to complete because the remote client has lost the connection (mobile application).

I susprect that the Transactional annotation applies if the controller throws an exception. But this wont help if the final TCP ACK/SYNC/FIN on the HTTP response doesnt complete. The client then wont know if the transaction was sucessful.

This is important for retrying purposes. Its important for me to ensure if the response to the restfull request is not properly received by the client then the whole thing is rolled back so the client may retry. However the retry must not happen if transaction was completed and committed server side.

Does anyone know if the HTTP listner used in Spring MVC will detect if the HTTP response failed and cause the controller to rollback? I'm thinking probably not since the response happens after the controller has returned.
Working...
X