Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Validation using Jax2Marshaller configured with multiple schemas Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Validation using Jax2Marshaller configured with multiple schemas

Here is what I want to do:
    Give a Jaxb2Marshaller a list of schemas, have it validate a object against any one of those schemas, and pass validation of and pass validation if it is in compliance with one-and-only-one of the listed schema.

Here is what I've tried:

I have a group of JAXB classes all.my.jaxb.classes.are.here.A, all.my.jaxb.classes.are.here.B, and I have a Jaxb2Marshaller:
    Code:
      <bean id="jaxb2Marshaller" class="org.springframework.oxm.jaxb.Jaxb2Marshaller"
                   p:packagesToScan="all.my.jaxb.classes.are.here"
                   p:validationEventHandler-ref="vailidateEventHandler"
                   p:marshallerListener-ref="marshallerListener">
      <property name="schemas">
        <list>
          <value>A.xsd</value>
          <value>B.xsd</value>
        </list>
      </property>
    </bean>
    And this is how it fails to do what I want it to do:
    If I 'disable' validation then the jaxb2Marshaller doesn't throw errors, and all the classes can be marshaled.
    If I marshal an A, where A is the root element of the A JAXB class, then the jaxb2Marshaller is will marshal it successfully if there aren't any validation errors, or send any validation errors to the vailidateEventHandler.
    The problem is that if I try to marshal B, where B is the root element of the B JAXB class, it always complains with
    Code:
    severity=FATAL_ERROR,message=cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'B'.,locator=[url=null,line=-1,column=-1,node=null,object=all.my.jaxb.classes.are.here.B@1c958af,field=null]]
    If I move the B.xsd to the first entry in the schemas list, then I don't get a validation error for B, but A now encounters the validation error complaining that it can't find the root element for A.

Q. Is there a way to do what I've described above with one marshaller? I don't want to have beaucoup marshallers, because I want to use just one marshaller and one RestTemplate.
    Q. If you can't do what I've described here, then what is the purpose of the schemas property?
    Last edited by kxen; Mar 5th, 2013, 08:24 PM.
Working...
X