Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RESTful API Testing (Black Box)

Hi,

I have been researching around for different testing frameworks to allow for integration level tests of a RESTful service during our CI process. Pluses to frameworks that can take API definitions (WSDL / WADL / other) and can do boundary testing.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide. Please include key points that make the framework your preferred choice.

I use TestNG and RestTemplate for Restful services and although I've never had to implement a soap service I suspect TestNG with WebServiceTemplate would work as well.

TestNG integrates really well with Spring.

For Example( Right out of my current project):

Code:
    @ContextConfiguration(locations = {"classpath:/merchant-manager-context.xml","classpath:/merchant-manager-context-test.xml"})
    public class ProductDaoIT extends AbstractTransactionalTestNGSpringContextTests {
    ...snip...
    }
    That gives you the ability to load your spring configurations and use them in your tests. The test above is an integration test that is only testing two parts of my layered architecture namely: the service layer and the dao layer. However your functional test would likely need to make use of datasources and other things which could be in your spring test xml file like my merchant-manager-context-test.xml.

I realize this isn't very detailed....but hopefully helps a little.

Comment

Working...
    X