Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter works wrong iwth JTA transaction Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter works wrong iwth JTA transaction

I am developing an application with JPA, and JTA transactions using hibernate

Java 7
    Spring 3.2
    Hibernate 4.1.7
    Atomikos 3.8.0
    Tomcat 7.0.25

I use the OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter (Just for one of the persistence units. I don't access the other outside transactions) for every page, so that bean properties are acessible during JSP rendering.

I have to persistence units defined in persistence.xml. If i define transaction-type as "RESOURCE_LOCAL", every thing works ok, but when I define transaction-type as "JTA", i get LazyInitializationException when I access not initialized properties

So, this works ok

Code:
    <persistence-unit name="Geiser" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">
    </persistence-unit>

<persistence-unit name="Orve" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">
    </persistence-unit>
    This way it throws LazyInitializationException

Code:
    <persistence-unit name="Geiser" transaction-type="JTA">
    </persistence-unit>

<persistence-unit name="Orve" transaction-type="JTA">
    </persistence-unit>
    The cuestion is: Do I need to use transaction-type="JTA" for JTA to work properly or is enough with transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL"?

In case I need to use transaction-type="JTA", how do I solve the problem with LazyInitializationException?

Only setting the transaction-type to JTA isn't enough you also need to configure hibernate accordingly and next to that need to configure a JtaTransactionManager in Spring... Without those it will not work.

Comment

Thanks Marten,

I solved some issues after I wrote the question. All the stuff is configured (I think correctly). I have 2 jndi Atomikos datasources, and the JtaTransactionManager.

Transactions seem to work correctly with transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL" (I get a lot of logging from atomikos, and I saw no errors nor warnings).

The problem when I change to transaction-type="JTA" seems to be that hibernate session is closed when I exit the @Transactional boundary instead of being closed in the OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter. As a result I get a LazyInitializationException when I try to access uninitialized properties outside the @Transactional

I was just wondering if there is any problem using transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL" with spring managed transactions or transaction-type="JTA" is mandatory?

Comment

I solved some issues after I wrote the question. All the stuff is configured (I think correctly). I have 2 jndi Atomikos datasources, and the JtaTransactionManager.
        Judging from the behavior there is something wrong with your setup. Post the configuration so that we can have a look.

Comment

Hi,

I was trying to make a simple example to post, and I found the problem.

I am using a custom framework on top of spring. Some components can't know which persistence unit to use until runtime, so I can't use @PersistenceContext. The problem was that I was reusing the EntityManager on every request instead of using a different one per request

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X